Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teacup Tuesday

I have just started collecting teacups and today I thought having tea on the patio might be nice
                                                            

A Cup of Tea
When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea
Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea.

There is magic in its fragrance,
There is solace in its taste;
And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.

And the world becomes a lovely thing!
There's beauty as you'll see;
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.

Tea helps our head and heart.
Tea medicates most every part.
Tea rejuvenates the very old.
Tea warms the hands of those who're cold.

(J. Jonker, Amsterdam, c.1670)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Bren! What a pretty tea cup. I love the crackly finish on it and the roses look lovely. I am so glad you could join in today! Tea on the patio is a really nice treat to give yourself.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bren: What a great tea cup! I am so glad you have joined us today! Welcome to blogland. I have you find it as fun as I have. Let me know if I can help you in anyway. I hope you will join us again next week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bren, I love your pretty peach color teacup and what a neat way you displayed it with the doily inside. And I love poems and the poem with this post is so very beautiful. Have a lovely evening.~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete