Thursday, July 7, 2011

Friday Food: Jamming Jams.... yum!

I am off to my Aunt's house this weekend to visit and make some Peach Jam and Rose Jelly!!

Peach Jam
3 lbs. ripe peaches (10-12)
3 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 (1 3/4 oz.) pkg. lite powdered fruit pectin
2 tbsp. lemon juice

Measure 5 cups finely chopped peaches. In an 8 to 10 quart kettle combine peaches and lemon juice. Combine pectin and 1/4 cup sugar; stir into peach mixture. Add butter (this reduces foaming during cooking). Bring peach mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
Stir in 3 1/4 cups sugar. Return to a full rolling boil. Boil hard, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. With a large metal spoon, quickly skim off and foam.
Ladle jam at once into clean sterilized jars, leaving 1/4" headspace between jar and jam. Clean rims of jars and place lids on jars and processing in a hot water bath 5 minutes. Makes 6 to 7 half pints. 34 calories per tablespoon.

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I'll have to try this recipe next. I just made apricot-orange marmalade today!

    I'm here via Sweet Tooth Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love jams, too! ;)

    I have some BIRTHDAY LEFTOVERS at mine! Let me know if you virtually want some! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great...and looks smooth! thanks for sharing! visiting from FTF, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete